Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reboot

 
How many times in your life have you wanted a fresh start?  A re-do, so to speak.  Like that time you let slip news about your co-worker's baby or that time you ate two (or three) too many slices of pizza.  Big choices and little choices.  There have always been and always will be regrets in life, regardless of how we try to avoid them.  We'll call it, "The Road Not Taken." 
 
There's a theory in the scientific community called, "Infinite Universe Theory," or multiverse.  It posits that there are an infinite number of universes.  "You" exist in many of these universes and made every choice that could have been made, in a separate universe.  I find the theory fascinating but frustrating.  I want a looking glass.  What would have happened if I'd turned left last week and driven to Colorado?  I'd love to be able to view these alternate realities.
 
Alas, I'm confined to this reality.  Not that I'm complaining.  I like the choices I've made.  For the most part.  One choice I'm not happy about my choice to stop blogging more than a year ago.  How has it been more than a year!?  The hiatus is over with now.  You're stuck with me.  So strap in and enjoy the ride.  I don't know what's going to come out of my head but it should be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment