Monday, February 21, 2011

First Class All the Way


As I was growing up, my parents always made a point of taking my brother and me on family vacations. This usually involved a car trip when we were younger but we started flying more often once we were older. Jamie and I traveled quite a bit when we got married but we haven't had the chance for a few years with the kiddos. As I mentioned in a previous post, we were finally able to take another trip, this time to Las Vegas.

The picture above is the view I have always seen when I have flown on airplanes. See those seats WAAAAY up there in front? This trip was my first time sitting in THOSE seats.


This picture is a good approximation of the seats in which Jamie and I found ourselves. We used American Airlines miles to purchase the tickets so we didn't have to pay for anything. First Class seating is absolutely wonderful. It started with priority boarding, meaning we were the first people to board the airplane. A stewardess was there to take our coats and hang them up so we didn't have to keep them at our seats. The stewardess then acted as our own private bartender during the flight - Bloody Mary cocktails, wine, beer, mixed drinks, etc. No charge for the drinks, either. We were offered actual meals during the flights while the people in coach class were only offered drinks. There was plenty of leg room. It was a great experience.


This is a good approximation of my view from my seat in First Class. See how packed those seats are? For once, that wasn't me!

If you have the means, please do yourself a favor the next time you go on an airplane ride. Try First Class seating. You won't regret the decision!

1 comment: