Monday, January 25, 2010

Dora Wants Monkey Love



Bo is currently WAY into the television show Dora the Explorer. For those of you not blessed enough to get to watch this show on a daily basis, Dora is a small child who, with the help of her monkey friend, Boots, pursues trivial daily inanities such as hunting for blueberries or returning a star to the sky. Her nemesis, Swiper, attempts to thwart her efforts. I have watched only a small percentage of the episodes thanks to our DVR. I have watched this same small percentage of episodes many, many times.


It is truly a form of Chinese Water Torture. I can almost repeat every line from each of these shows. My brain must be incapable of simply absorbing the show as presented; it becomes preoccupied with identifying the many oddities in the show. Dora and Boots must get past various obstacles (please pronounce this as ob-stacles, it really is a more enjoyable way to say it) to complete the mission during each show. For instance, they must get past a mountain. Dora will say, "Can't go around it!", to which I reply, "WHY NOT??"


Dora sure loves her friend, Boots the Monkey. They hang out all day, sing and tumble down hills, defeat Swiper the Fox, and speak Spanish.


Which for some reason always makes me think, "Dora wants monkey love."

3 comments:

  1. This really made me laugh! I came trough Sticky Feet, long time semi-lurker there. I just had to say hi because this monkey-love post made me laugh out loud (we are subjected to Dora on a daily basis here...sigh).

    ReplyDelete